2 Questions: updating app on device and registration

Hi All

1. I am trying to register two android devices and am following the instructions in the video for this. The video shows the registration screen showing two fields: 'Redeem' and 'Registration'. We have received the redemption links by email, but there is no 'Redeem' field on our screens so I cannot enter them. Does anyone know a way around this?

2. That brings me to the question of software versions and how to update them. The version on the device in use in the video in question 1. is higher than than that on the devices, so I suspect this may be the problem. How do I upgrade the app on the devices? I cannot see anyway to do this and I don't know a lot about Androids?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Hi All

1. I am trying to register two android devices and am following the instructions in the video for this. The video shows the registration screen showing two fields: 'Redeem' and 'Registration'. We have received the redemption links by email, but there is no 'Redeem' field on our screens so I cannot enter them. Does anyone know a way around this?

2. That brings me to the question of software versions and how to update them. The version on the device in use in the video in question 1. is higher than than that on the devices, so I suspect this may be the problem. How do I upgrade the app on the devices? I cannot see anyway to do this and I don't know a lot about Androids?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
Question 1 now answered in that I found written instructions on the site on how to register devices that are prior to v9.1. I am just now waiting for the registration details.

Question 2 still stands as all I can see on the TracerPlus website is how to download trial versions, which means we have to complete the 'new user' forms all the time. How, as registered users, do we download updates?

Thanks

James

http://www.tracerplus.com/downloads/ has links for the current version of TracerPlus for Android, both Play store links and a direct download for the apk. TracerPlus Desktop also has a menu option that links to a page with Android installation details (Tools | Install TracerPlus to device | Android).

If the device has a network connection, you can either use the Play store or download the apk straight to the device. Be warned that there are two versions on the Play store, make sure you download v9 rather than v8. (Side question: why???) If the Play store isn't an option for you, you can still download the apk from tracerplus.com and install using that - you will have to set your device to allow unknown sources for app installation.

No network connection? Download the apk to your PC, connect the device with a USB cable, and copy the apk to the device. Enable unknown sources and install.

Hi James

Thanks for this. I didn't notice the direct link to download the 'apk' for android when I looked at the page. That's good, because Google PlayStore is not on these units (and we don't want it on).