Clear All Button not clearing all

Chandi Mahinda

Hey there Community,

I have been building this app for our company and I've run into a couple of issues. One is, the Clear All Button will not clear everything from the form. What am I doing wrong? The fields that aren't clearing are drop down fields.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chandi

Joseph Kraebel

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Chandi,

Are you using a Windows Mobile/CE or Android based device? A few things to check with the Clear All button action by navigating to the Form Designer and clicking the Clear All button on your Form:

1. If you have fields set to read only you will need to make sure the Include Read Only Fields option is set to true in the Control Properties.
2. If you have defaults values set for any fields and have the Use Default Field Values option set to true, it will place those default values in the field when the Clear All button is pressed making it appear like it is not clearing.

I just verified this in a build we are about to release and didn't see any issues clearing drop down fields on the Clear All button press on either OS platform.

Chandi Mahinda

Hey Joseph,

Thanks for responding. I am using Windows Mobile. I did your suggestion of making the Clear All button include the read only fields, but unfortunately the drop down menus all still are staying. Non of them were read only, and non of them have a default value listed. Do you have any other suggestions?

Chandi

Joseph Kraebel

Administrator
Staff member
Can you tell me what Version and Build of TracerPlus you are currently running via the Help-->About screen.

Chandi Mahinda

upload_2016-4-14_9-35-27.png

If you need me to take screen shots of how I have it setup, let me know, it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks again for taking the time to help me.

Chandi

Joseph Kraebel

Administrator
Staff member
Are you by chance using the DB value for this drop down? I noticed if I have this enabled then Clear All does not clear this field.