Connect says 'no records found' even though there are records

Discussion in 'TracerPlus Connect' started by OliverR, Oct 11, 2017.

1. OliverR

OliverR Member

Hi guys,

This is doing my head in. I want to set up a sync profile that syncs from an Access query to a TracerPlus session. The query works fine in Access, and I can also see the data fine in the Data Viewer in Connect Management Studio. However, when I hit the sync button, it says 'no records found'. If I try it with the Event Viewer open, I get the following output:

Code:
    [10-11-17|10:45:56.650 - 9.2.0.1388 - CriticalError]: **Exception received: ERROR [07002] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access-stuurprogramma] There are too few parameters. The expected number is: 3.
    Stack Trace:
       bij System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode)
       bij System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReaderObject(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, Boolean needReader, Object[] methodArguments, SQL_API odbcApiMethod)
       bij System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReaderObject(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, Boolean needReader)
       bij System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
       bij System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
       bij System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
       bij System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
       bij System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
       bij System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable)
       bij PTS.Data.PTS_DataSet_ODBC.refreshData(Boolean bOnlyAssignedColumns, Boolean bApplyFilters, Boolean bIsSorted)
    Comment: Error during complete ODBC.Fill
    The query in Access isn't anything special; it's a view to see open loans in a checkout/checkin system. Basically it retrieves data from 3 tables (Inventory, Users, Checkouts) and has a WHERE clause to only show the checkouts where the ReturnDate field is blank.

Any idea why this isn't working? I've tried going around this by pulling data from a different query, but I need to filter on fields that are empty in the database, and that doesn't seem to want to work, either. Ideally, though, I would just like to retrieve the data from this particular query.

Thoughts or tips?

2. Joseph Kraebel

Joseph Kraebel Administrator Staff Member

Hi Oliver,

I just tried this in our sample database by creating a 2 field query off of a single table and this worked for me. Based on the error I am wondering if there is an issue with the Query. Maybe someone more familiar with Queries can chime in.

Is this Query coming from tables local in the database as I know we have had issues with running queries off of linked tables.

3. OliverR

OliverR Member

Hi Joseph, thanks for your reply. Yes, all tables are local in the database, . I've never had issues in the past with syncing from queries or views. I would think if there was a problem with the query, that the data viewer wouldn't show me anything. But I can see the records fine in the Data Viewer, so I would think that means that Connect can "read" the query fine, no?

4. OliverR

OliverR Member

I've found the problem. I had unchecked a field in the Query Designer window, because I didn't need that to be visible, but I needed to filter on it so that's why I included it. If I check the box to have it visible, syncing works fine.

upload_2017-10-12_10-20-0.png