Grid not refreshing sometimes until page back is pressed

James

Short version, I have a live grid in Session A that shows data from Session B. The data in Session B is changed by SQL that runs on Session A's FormInitialize event. My actions in Session A delete rows from Session B, which the grid shows, and the grid is blank when I leave Session A.

Sometimes when I go from the launcher back to Session A, the grid stays blank until I press the page back button on it, then it refreshes and shows the current data. This never happens the first time I enter Session A, only when I leave and come back.

I'm using the 9.1 trial on Android. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the Android client or my design in Desktop. Anybody have an idea what's going on? I can provide more detailed structure/logic or attach a tpe if it would help.

Edit: If anyone else has this problem, it appears to be a race condition. In testing I would move between sessions very quickly, much quicker than in normal use. Giving it a few seconds between sessions to finish whatever processes it's running removes almost all instances of the problem. The few times the problem still appears, I can tap a "refresh" button pointed at the grid once with logic to run an insert query and refresh the grid, which then displays the data correctly.

Last edited: