Maintaining Multiple, Similar Projects

Mark Workman

I have a project setup with a sync profile that has been working for a while (sync on cradle). I would like make a copy of both the project/sync profile and make modifications to and add a few fields. I do not want to break the existing project. When I open the copied project in TracerPlus and makes changes, it seems to modify the original.

Is there a better way to maintain several independent but similar projects? I guess that I could start from scratch for the second project, but that would take several hours to get working correctly.

Thanks,
Mark

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi,

If you use the File-->Save As option in TP Desktop for your existing project, it should allow you to create a copy of the existing project and not affect your current linked project in TP Connect. Similarly, you could do this for your TP Connect project as well.

Based on your question, I think it is the TP Desktop Save As option that you would want to use.

I am not sure I understood your question though so please let me know if I got it wrong.

Mark Workman

Thanks for this. I tried this once and felt that the changes I made to the save as copy modified the original. I will try this again more carefully. I'm glad to know that this should work. Thanks again, Mark