Reuse Connection

Jeremy Farber

Why do I have to setup a connection over and over again for each sync process? Why not make connection reusable. I have 7 different profiles with 5 sync processes in each one. That means that i have to put the same connection data in 35 times.

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi,

Unfortunately, since the concept of a common connection to multiple processes does not exist, this is not possible in the way you are requesting it. There is a feature request in to allow this to be a little easier.

**In the meantime, one approach that I have used in the past is to create ONE profile with one Sync Process. Once that process is fully configured, use the Copy Profile button (at the top of the profile explorer) to create a copy of that full profile currently with just one process. Once that is copied for as many total processes as you need, you will have 35 profiles (in your case), each with on sync process each. From there you can drag/drop each of those individual processes from the 35 profiles into one common profile if needed and delete the now 34 other empty profiles.