Unknown file types of 3 GB under folder /program files/TracerPlus8/data

Mohini

Hi,

I noted some 7 files with strange names which are of unknown file types, under folder /My Device/Program Files/TracerPlus8/Data of the scanner. The files' sizes are of 3 GB. It is the same path where the TP80_Data .TPD file is located. Can anyone tell me how or why are such files created?

Thank you.

Mohini

Howard Heckman III

Administrator
Staff member
The only files you should see in there are the TracerPlus database, and a sys folder for image files. What are the other files you are seeing?

Howard Heckman III

Administrator
Staff member
Those files are unrelated to TracerPlus. So, you should be able to safely remove them without affecting TracerPlus.

Double check that they aren't required by something else.

Mohini

Hi,

It is that user had encountered an issue of the database session being blank while doing asset inventory, some 1 month back. We are trying to find out what may have happened and during our investigation, we came across these huge strange files. We use the scanner only for the asset inventory exercise and are wondering how these files got created in the TracerPlus directory. Looking for some clarifications/hints.

Thank you.

Mohini

Hi Howard,

I cannot delete those files due to messages " The file 'filename' is a read-only file, Are you sure you want to delete." , " 'filename' could not be deleted. The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected."
The Windows Mobile Device Center, however, shows the device as connected.
Do we need to re-install TracerPlus Mobile client because on deploying the project, these files are still here. If yes, then do we need another registration code?
Thank you for your update.

OliverR

Hi Mohini, you can re-install TracerPlus on the mobile device and use your existing registration code. So long as the Device ID does not change, your activation code should keep working.

However, I doubt that re-installing TracerPlus will have any effect on these unknown files.

Mohini

Hi Oliver,

Want to try reinstalling TracerPlus but seems like the Device ID would change. Can you confirm? Thank you.

OliverR

The device ID should not change. That usually only changes if you upgrade the OS, or change a part of the hardware, eg. replace the motherboard.