live sync double posting.

paulmpi

so we are trying to get the live sync set up, but it looks like we are getting double record posting - it seems to be correlated directly with the number of times submit is hit before it starts the transfer.

We would like to ensure that the single record we working with is synced exactly once. is there a way to prevent this duplication?

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi,

I just want to confirm that you are indicating clicking submit multiple times before the live sync posts is sending multiple submits of the same data. I would not expect that only because once the submit happens, it should block on any new input until the submit happens.

I wonder if there is something going on related to the OS you are using TracerPlus on. There are some background processes allowed on Android for example. This normally would not affect the submit process but I supposed it's possible.

A few other questions.
1. Can you tell me the OS platform you are using?
2. Are you using any form logic that might also be causing a click or even a DB submit?
3. Also, to confirm, this is live mode in TP Connect not a batch mode sync triggered by a record submit. Some customers do this and it is similar to live mode but not quite the same thing.

Thanks. Let me know.

paulmpi

correct.
1. windows 10,
2. no.
3. live mode - for sure.
the form logic does not have any on-click action relating to submit.

the current solution: set submit as hidden and use a confirmation prompt button to send to that control - so far no double records using this method.

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi,

That seems a reasonable solution. In the meantime, I have logged a tech request/bug to investigate if this is an open/known/new issue.

Thanks for the reply.