Live Profile Sync and Lookup

kevind199

Hey guys,

I am having a problem when i try to do a lookup on the desktop and mobile versions of tp, when I enter a variable to act as the unique lookup value it always returns the first record in my excel database instead of the actual record.

my tp connect is a live profile with a excel database.

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi,

It sounds like something in your configuration may be incorrect. It would be tough to diagnose on this forum. Our youtube channel "TracerPlus" has a lot of resources that review settings like the ones you describe.

Also, if you have an active support agreement with us, you can create a support ticket. If you are not an active customer, you can reach out to our sales group to see what else might be available.

kevind199

Thanks,

i have another stupid question, i have a lookup field that selects a record from the grid data and populates all fields if the id matches, i want to edit those fields and then save them and re sync to my database but when i submit the edited record it changes the record and creates a duplicate record as well, how do i stop the duplicated record from being created.

Dan Peluso

Staff member
It sounds like you might want to set the UpdateAppendIfNotFound update option in the TP Connect Destination options. By default, this update type is set to append.