Additional logging/diagnostics on Mobile client

Andrew S

I have 8 CipherLab 9700 guns running TracerPlus 9.5 on Windows Embedded 6.5 Pro.

My application runs fine on 6 of the 8 guns but appears to crash on the remaining 2 during startup. The app starts running and I see the screen (or at least part of it) but then it shuts down almost instantly. I've looked at available space, removed/rebooted/reinstalled TP, looked at memory and cpu utilization and everything appears normal. Importantly, if I load an older version of my app everything functions properly, so the issue is a combination of something in the app and something on those 2 guns.

In order to get to the bottom of this I need to get some more diagnostics from the guns. Are there any logs or other utilities that I could use to get some more insight into what's going on? I have file and registry access to the guns if necessary.

Thanks, Andrew.

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi,

We do not currently have pre-built/accessible logging available at the gun level; though we have some ability to debug in our development environment if we can arrange that for specific cases.

I know that you have created a ticket for this issue with our support group so I will keep you updated through that channel.