Data Viewer crashing?

Hi,

In Connect, I have a built a Profile that connects to an Excel database. When I click 'Data Viewer', nothing happens and the Connect program freezes up.

The Excel spreadsheet datasource is in the directory specified in the Profile, and it is not open in Excel.

Any advice?

UPDATE: I left the frozen screen open for a while (10 - 15 minutes) and then it finally acted, opening the Data Viewer tab.

However, the Sync still fails every time. I followed the instructions in the Webinar video, but I'm having no luck - is there some limitation of the Trial version in the DoSync function from an app?

Cheers,

Alex

Last edited:

Howard Heckman III

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Alex,

How many fields do you have mapped in the process configuration to that Excel spreadsheet?

Excel can be rather slow if you have a large number of columns mapped. This is because it needs to loop through all of the mapped columns to retrieve the data. If possible try reducing the number of columns you have mapped and then try the sync again.

Thanks, Howard.

There's just 5 columns in the sheet, I think - I generated it from a CSV file so there should be no extraneous columns in there.

It appears that the sync is failing for some other reason. Any tips or tricks to troubleshooting that?

Alex

Howard Heckman III

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, but Excel will always contain 255 columns regardless of the number of columns that have been imported. You will want to make sure you only map the required columns.

One thing to try would be to close down TracerPlus Connect and open the task manager. Make sure there are no instances of Microsoft Excel running in the process list. If there are the sync will fail since the sheet is probably opened by the other process and Connect cannot use it in this state.