Dynamics AX & Real Time Data

Rick Hardy

We current use Microsoft Dynamics AX and would like to integrate Shop Employee login/logout functionality using portable devices. A problem I have is Dynamics does not like outside applications to create records (SQL) within its database so I was looking at a way around this. AX is very customizable where it can read outside databases/tables remotely to bring in records but I would like to have TracerPlus create the records immediately (for multiple reasons). AX also has a .NET business connector that can be used within a remote app if that would help at all. I am a developer and can create what is needed, the problem is I'm not sure the best way to do this. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Rick

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi,

Most enterprise software like Dynamics does not encourage directly writing to the data tables so it makes sense that Dynamics would want to limit this. Most applications, including Dynamics do allow for outside data updates via some type of business rules engine accessible via SDK, web service or similar type of 'controlled' update process. Via TracerPlus Connect we do offer some flexible data transfer options but none that directly support Dynamics unfortunately. The 2 most common options of our customers seem to be.

1. Write TracerPlus data to some intermediate/landing table and import them into Dynamics via some timed or triggered process to formally import them. In your case, this could be via the .Net business connector. Using this approach along with some type of database trigger (Insert, Update, etc) could make this near real-time.

2. Contact us to discuss customization options to directly integrate Dynamics as a direct plug-in to TracerPlus Connect using the recommended 3rd party integration tools that Dynamics provides.

Let me know if this helps.

Rick Hardy

Hi,

Most enterprise software like Dynamics does not encourage directly writing to the data tables so it makes sense that Dynamics would want to limit this. Most applications, including Dynamics do allow for outside data updates via some type of business rules engine accessible via SDK, web service or similar type of 'controlled' update process. Via TracerPlus Connect we do offer some flexible data transfer options but none that directly support Dynamics unfortunately. The 2 most common options of our customers seem to be.

1. Write TracerPlus data to some intermediate/landing table and import them into Dynamics via some timed or triggered process to formally import them. In your case, this could be via the .Net business connector. Using this approach along with some type of database trigger (Insert, Update, etc) could make this near real-time.

2. Contact us to discuss customization options to directly integrate Dynamics as a direct plug-in to TracerPlus Connect using the recommended 3rd party integration tools that Dynamics provides.

Let me know if this helps.[/QUOT

Rick Hardy

I just want to explore all my options. When you state customization options using 3rd party tools, are you referring to a specific tool? Also, not using Access to much, is there an "Insert" trigger that gets called when tracerPlus write to it?

arunsahu2468

There are plenty of organizations are offering such kind of services. Normally MS Dynamics AX is compatible with Azure as it is a Microsoft cloud product or other MS product only. But where as coming to third party one we need other plugin support. You need to write your own code if you are a developer. I am pretty sure you are not belongs to that category. Its better to get in touch with Dynamics AX developers to get custom plugin or you can approach any organization which provides Microsoft Dynamics CRM, AX, NAV and 365 development solutions with affordable price. Take a look of those things. I thinks this info will resolve your problem.

Dan Peluso

Staff member
@RickHardy: I was referring to using the integration tools that Dynamics offers for a PTS customization. We have done this in the past with integrations to specific/less common software solutions.