Mobile Client on Android "Host none defined" Error

For testing the software I used my LG Android phone. Deployd the app made on Tracer Desktop with correct IP adres of the host. But on the mobile client I can't see the host when I Push the connect button. Is this because i am in Trial mode or am i doing something wrong??Capture _2018-05-10-20-36-38.png
Host.JPG

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi,

This is definitely not a trial mode limitation since this type of connection would be allowed in trial mode.

My feeling is that you may not have any live sessions configured. That wireless status icon is really intended to represent your 'current' connectivity status when in live mode so if you are not using live mode, this would generate an error like you are seeing.

If you are intending to sync over the air but in a more batch mode type setting, you can setup a button on your form configured with a 'button action' of 'DoSync'. Once this action is selected, you can set a Host ID=1 and a Profile ID=1(most likely).

Once you have that button on the form and deploy your new project, you should be able to sync your data in a 'batch' mode. If you do prefer live mode/real time syncing, you would need to use the "Live Sessions" tab as displayed in your screen shot above.

Let me know if that helps.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and andwer.

You are right, I did not have had configured a Live session. I Heve tried it now with a live session and it functioned properly.
Tomorrow I wil change the app with a "DoSync" button.

You helped me a lot

Thanks.