New to TracerPlus Desktop - Please help!

John009

Hi everyone,

I have a situation where I'm trying to use TracerPlus Desktop to create or design a label that contains three pieces of information: job number, finished goods number and a quantity. I need a way to scan a barcode with a Motorola MC9190 device and have those fields output into a new label.

I have the labels we use now attached. Essentially, we need to have it so that when our employees put product in boxes, we can scan the barcode at the bottom with the MC9190 and have the three pieces of information below it output onto a new label that will be (hopefully) printed by a Zebra GX420D label printer.

Does this sound like something that is possible? If so, how might I approach doing that? I am completely new to this software and would like to know if this is feasible. Thanks!

Attachments

OliverR

Hi, from what you're saying I think that this should definitely be feasible with TracerPlus. I'm not familiar with the Webra GX420D, but generally you would want a label printer that you can connect with your MC9190 via Bluetooth, so if that printer supports Bluetooth connections then that shouldn't be a problem.

There is a video tutorial on the TracerPlus website which you may find useful, you can find it here. Furthermore, there's a short .pdf file under your TracerPlus Desktop install directory, under TracerPlus Desktop 9/Help/TracerPlus-Print-UserGuide.pdf, that shows some examples of how print reports are set up.

If I'm not mistaken PTS Support also offer to create printing reports for you for a price, should you find it too difficult to create yourself, but you will have to contact them for more details.

Hope this helps!