not forwarding

Nuno Goncalves

Hi everyone new to the forum. have a question. I am using tracerplus 9 desktop and have done a small program, I set it up for after scan to go to the next field but it will not go. I am using the Motorola symbol TC70 any ideas. thanks

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

A couple of questions.

1. In your After scan settings for the field in question, do you have the GotoField set to the field you want it to go to next. I assume this is the setting that you are referring to.
2. Is the Goto Field marked as Readonly?
3. Are you also using conditional logic or another feature that may be overriding the goto field for that settings. Things like a failed validation or certain conditional logic settings can actually override the GotoField as configured in the After Scan settings.
4. What action are you using to trigger the goto field? Is it a barcode scan or a keyboard entry?

Thanks.

James

I think this is a quirk of the way the Android app does barcode scanning. On a regular handset, you tap a form button to activate the scan function, and after scanning the app puts the barcode data into the field - but you never really enter the field, and therefore never leave the field to trigger the after scan function. You would work around this behavior by using the "Goto Control ID" property of the form button used for scanning, I guess. I don't know how this works with the laser imager on the TC70 - would you have to tap on the field, scan the barcode, then tap out of the field?

James

Nuno, another possibility is the SmartForm rules on the data capture page - perhaps you need to define a rule to trigger the AfterScan instead of relying on the form.