Salesforce Integration Suggesitons

Jeremy Farber

I have a bunch of these, so I'll use this to post them as they come up.

1. Put fields in some logical order. It looks like the fields are ordered by the field creation date in Salesforce. How about alphabetical order so it's easier to find them. An object with 300 fields makes it very very hard to find the one you need in tracerplus connect.

Jeremy Farber

If you change the salesforce object or refresh because you added a field in salesforce all your mapping are completely reset. I would never wipe out the mappings unless the clear mappings button is used. Also, it seems like when you add a connection it defaults fields to the mapping, it's never right so i would just not do it.

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi,
1. Mappings are cleared whenever a data source or destination is changed and/or refreshed. We have this as an open item on our side to improve.

2. I do not agree that this never works. I think you are extending *your* experience to *all* of our users which is not something we have the luxury to do. For many people, me included, I will often create my TP Desktop field layout based on some existing data source. In that case, my field mappings line up nicely when I move over to configure TP Connect. We even included an import option in TP Desktop to allow importing of TP Desktop fields from a selectable data source. In that case also, the fields tend to line up nicely. In TP Connect, there is the button option to "Remove all" mappings so clearing the defaults is a matter of clicking one button in the event they do not line up.

Jeremy Farber

My comment is here is strictly related to Mappings to Salesforce. I agree that if you can create the fields in the desired order, they do match up, but that doesn't work with salesforce.com
Maybe an idea would be not to do any default mapping if Salesforce is chosen as a destination or source.

Getting the fields ordered alphabetically would help a ton.

Jeremy Farber

Please get the Salesforce fields in some type of logical order. Right now it looks like they are displaying in the order they were created, change it so that they are in alphabetical order.