Scanning usernames in the Login form

OliverR

Hi guys,

A customer of ours would want their users to scan a username (eg. printed as a barcode or QR code on their badge) and then enter a 6-digit numeric password to log into their TracerPlus application. This to prevent their users having to type in their usernames, because they are quite long (they have to match the user ID's that they're already using in their backend database).

However, when you try to do this, the form validates immediately after scanning a username, throwing an error message saying that the password is wrong. It would be nice if the after-scan trigger of the username field just moved the cursor the password field, rather than acting as a "submit" action. Do you think this is at all possible? Is there anything I can do to work around this? It's not a major problem, but it is a bit of an annoyance having to click away the error message and manually place the cursor in the password field to enter a password.

Fahim Ali

Hi Oliver,

Unfortunately there is no way to turn off afterscan functionality on the username login field currently. I can log this is a feature request in our issue tracking system. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Alternatively, can you enter your password first and then scan into the username field?