Ticket ID: GWR-955-59213

Mario K

Please help with ticket # Ticket ID: GWR-955-59213

Hello,
I work for an electrical contractor and we are using SAGE as our accounting solution, the version we use uses Fox Pro as the backend database. We are trying to find a solution that can be used on mobile devices to hookup to the backend. I'm looking for a product to take us wireless and paperless. we have anywhere from 20-30 people working for us depending on work load. and I think we'll be looking at 5-10 users to start with and go up from there as we build up the apps.

I downloaded your trial version of Tracerplus and I have created a mobile form, that part went ok but although I was able to communicate with database I was not able to save to it. After few attempts, I deleted it and started again and then again and again, same story;
- I can download the FoxPro data base from PC to Android,
- I can change the existing data in Android and I can sync that back to PC database without issues
- I can not add any new records to the database
I tried live and non live profiles both more less same results... FYI... before you ask the options are set to "UpdateExistingAppendNofFound"

Having no success, I tried to do as simple as possible form to start with no validations, conditions and lookups, etc.. but I always find myself in same spot same error.
I was able to pinpoint it to the "key field" setting in TP Connect, I think...???, see error log copy below
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
recnum rptdte jobnum phsnum dscrpt empnum wthcon tmptur usrdf1 usrdf2 entdte usrnme hotlst lckedt ntetxt Exception
8/16/2015 2:05:03 AM 15000 0 new rec from tracer test 23 ok 121 0 0 8/16/2015 2:05:03 AM tracer 0 0 ERROR [23000] [Microsoft][ODBC Visual FoxPro Driver]Field RECNUM does not accept null values.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Example above shows an error saying that the first field/column "recnum" does not accept 0 value, which is correct in our database, however;
- I have tried this again and again and I always put a number in "recnum" field on the Android device app
- so I changed the "key field" setting in TP Connect from "recnum" to "ntetxt" which is not required in our database same error
- next I add word "test" in the Android device form just so it has a value and same error...
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
recnum rptdte jobnum phsnum dscrpt empnum wthcon tmptur usrdf1 usrdf2 entdte usrnme hotlst lckedt ntetxt Exception
26 8/16/2015 10:09:16 AM 15000 0 new rec from tracer test 23 ok 121 0 0 8/16/2015 10:09:16 AM tracer 0 0 ERROR [23000] [Microsoft][ODBC Visual FoxPro Driver]Field NTETXT does not accept null values.

I'm using Microsoft Visual FoxPro Driver to connect to FoxPro. I attached zipped database sample, error logs and screenshots for your viewing pleasure.

PLEASE HELP>>>>!

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi,

It sounds like it may be an issue with your FoxPro driver and/or your TracerPlus Connect configuration. Unfortunately, I do not see any attachments related to your post. As a suggestion, I would try configuring TracerPlus Connect in a batch mode sync first to be able to control the syncing environment a little bit better. From the error message, it seems that you are trying to write a NULL value to the NTETXT field in your database which does not accept NULLs. Is it possible that *some* of your data on the device does have NULL data in this field.

In any event, if you can attach your project, we can try to take a look.

Thanks.

Mario K

Hello Mr Dan,

Respectfully, answers to you question below...

1. The driver I'm using is "Microsoft Visual FoxPro Driver" ODBC Driver from following Link,http://download.microsoft.com/download/vfoxodbcdriver/Install/6.1/W9XNT4/EN-US/VFPODBC.msi

2. Please see attached zipped folder with sample of database, error log and tracer connect and tracer desktop projects samples...unfortunately I left the files on a different PC... here they are.
Daily Field Reports v1
off line sync profile with 2 sync buttons, works well getting data from db but can not get it to submit data back
Daily Field Reports v2
Live sync – it retrieves data from db and I can edit the data in the hand held device just fine and sync it back to db but can not add new records to the db
Daily Field Reports v3
should be same as the v2 but I used non required NOTES field as the "key field" in tracer connect settings, which I just found out seems to be writing back to database but still creates same errors

3. I put default values in all fields so I don't have to enter them every time I run tests... the issue is in new record creation. I can pull and amend existing records just fine but if I try to add a completely new record I get same error (previously attached) no matter which field I use and what value I fill in before hitting submit on the Android device. It looks to me like the KEY FIELD setting in the Tracer Connect is the common denominator here.

Example;
if you set KEY FIELD to RECNUM - it will return error like this, saying that RECNUM can not be null, which is true and I had entered "26" in the box before submitting which was wiped every time I pressed submit
8/16/2015 2:05:03 AM 15000 0 new rec from tracer test 23 ok 121 0 0 8/16/2015 2:05:03 AM tracer 0 0 ERROR [23000] [Microsoft][ODBC Visual FoxPro Driver]Field RECNUM does not accept null values

if you set KEY FIELD to NTETXT - it will return error like this , saying that NTETXT can not be mull, which is not true in FoxPro and also similarly I had entered different # and text values in there and all were wiped out when I hit submit on Android
26 8/16/2015 10:09:16 AM 15000 0 new rec from tracer test 23 ok 121 0 0 8/16/2015 10:09:16 AM tracer 0 0 ERROR [23000] [Microsoft][ODBC Visual FoxPro Driver]Field NTETXT does not accept null values.

Attachments

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi,

I suspect this is related to the FoxPro driver in some way. I have experienced certain issues with these file based databases. Is this still an open issue for you?