Transfer Tracerplus ODBC 7 Database from windows XP to Windows 7

abdul

Hello,
I would like to transfer all the data over from my Tracer plus OBDC 7 to another Tracer Plus OBDC on a windows 7 computer. I was able to install it and register the product on the new computer but i don't know how to transfer the database and all the data over. Looks like this is old software and there is no export option, any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi,

I am not 100% sure what you mean but will make a guess. Are you using ODBCLink to update a local database on that PC? I am guessing that you are using an Access database installed locally to that machine. In that case, you would need to locate where that database is installed and you should be able to just copy the .mdb file to your new PC. If you did not want to change anything in the ODBC Data source name, you could probably just replace the existing TracerPlus .mdb file on the new PC with the original .mdb file and that would have your data included in that case.

You could do the same thing for your ODBC Link configuration files which are located under the install path of ODBC Link. These could also be copied to the new PC in the same location if you wanted to transfer that as well.

Let me know if that helps at all. Thanks.

Dan Peluso

Staff member
From the screen shot, it looks like you will need to create an ODBC data source named GCH Amarillo Archives. This would be done via the ODBC administrator in Windows. This is in different spots depending on your version of Windows. If you are using a 64 bit version of windows, this administrator must be run from the c:\Windows\SysWow64 folder. The application is named "odbcad32.exe".