auto refresh

pob

We have some sessions with at least one field where scanned data is the same for all records, depending on a couple things (like workdate, batch number, etc). Typically, the last field on the form is the variable one for successive scans (i.e. the goto field is itself). Our forms have a View Data button which allows the user to check counts and things without actually exiting the data entry form. However, upon returning to the form, the session starts at the top of the form, requiring re-input of those fields mentioned above. Ideally we'd like to have them behave as if defaults (for the data particular to the session's task). I'm thinking to enable the Auto Refresh (General tab) to achieve this, but thought to check before messing with stuff in service. Does this make sense?

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi,

I don't think auto-refresh would work for what you want to do but I would like some clarification.

When you say the users leave and go to the View Data form, do you mean they are exiting the Entry form and going to the View Data form with the default data grid and the delete/edit/new toolbar (at the top for Android). If that is the case, you cannot retain data between going into and out of the Data Entry Session.

What you could do though, is add a data grid to your actual entry form. Ideally, this would be on a second tab page and then you could use the button to toggle between tab pages so that your data is retained (since you are not technically leaving the data entry form).

Does that make sense and/or describe your issue?