Check Box bringing back NULL value in SQL Database

Chandi Mahinda

Hey All,

I'm having some serious issues with getting the check box to bring back a value of 1 or 0 in my SQL database. No matter what I do and what setting I make, the SQL Database is showing the value as NULL. I'm running this on Windows Mobile, the version of Desktop I'm using is 9.1.0.1276

What's odd is that in the data sheet on the device, the column shows up as True. Here are some screenshots of my settings for the checkbox field.

upload_2016-4-14_15-44-54.png
upload_2016-4-14_15-45-11.png

upload_2016-4-14_15-45-32.png

upload_2016-4-14_15-45-47.png

Thanks in advance,
Chandi

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi,

In TracerPlus, checkbox values are stored as strings of "True" or "False". They are not actually stored as binary data or even 1/0. Could this be affecting your SQL update?

The other thing that *may* be related is how you have your lookup defined for this checkbox item. Is it intentional to have the Source Field assigned to the "ID" field?

Chandi Mahinda

Okay, that makes a bit more sense. I will have to convert the table so that it recognizes the True False statements.

When it comes to the lookup, that was possibly the last combination that I could come up with to see if it would work lol. I will convert the database tonight and see if that works.

Thank you for the response Dan!!!

Chandi

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Sure thing. We have an open feature request for the option to define the values of logical True/False.

One thing some customers do have success with is using a lookup (that's what I thought you might be trying).

The lookup would be defined to look into another dedicated session storing only 2 rows of data
Record 1:
Field1= "True"
Field2= "1"

Record 2:
Field1= "False"
Field2= "0"

You could then define a lookup to lookup the value "True" and return the value "1". The field that is getting this returned value could then be the field that you use to map to your syncing fields.