Connect w/ ODBC Connection

Pawnee Savady

ODBC Link use to have and option in which no data is sync when a duplicate was located in the data on the handheld and kicked out a window stating such how do I program TP Connect to do the same?

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi,
I am not 100% sure of the option you are referencing in ODBC Link but there are Update and Update/Append options in TP Connect that seem like they would do what you are interested in. These settings are in the TracerPlus Connect configuration of a sync process in the Destination settings area.

If that does not help in your situation, can you clarify which ODBC Link option are you are referring to?

Thanks.

Pawnee Savady

In the ODBC Link program we were able to stop a sync from occurring if it created duplicates in the database with a pop up message stating that "it would create a duplicate are you sure you want to continue" ?

Dan Peluso

Staff member
OK. I actually don't recall that feature as you describe it.

Since TPConnect is generally intended to be more of an unattended sync, we tended to stay away from any message prompting during the sync itself. Currently, if you try to write a duplicate record to a column that is marked as a Primary key, the sync will continue but will write that individual row's worth of data to a temp file and adds a description of why it failed posting.