Designating active tab at application start

Andrew S

I have two tabs in my project and I want the application to start with the first tab active, but it always starts with the second tab active. How do I select which tab is active when the app starts?

Howard Heckman III

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Andrew,

Are you referring to a tab on one of your data collection forms, or the home screen (Launcher)?

If you are referring to the Entry Form, you should be able to set this by designating one of the fields on the first tab to be the 'Start on Field'. You can do this in the 'Advanced' settings for the session you are configuring. This will cause the session to set focus to the field you selected on the first tab and also set that tab active.

Let us know if this helps.

Andrew S

Thanks Howard. I had duplicated the tab and so the fields were also duplicated, causing the problem. I assume that having the same field in more than one tab is not supported?

Howard Heckman III

Administrator
Staff member
No, you cannot place multiple controls on the form all pointing tot the same field. You can however fake this behavior by adding an additional field to your form and setting its' type to Calculated with a function of Add from the original field. This will copy the contents of one field into another and allow you to add it to an additional tab.