Form Connect to a database table

pr51713

Hi

I'm going with two questions here. We like to have:

1) Login where the users and password reads a table in our SQL Server database (somehow use TracerPlus Connect to get the database synced up) Right now, we created 10 users and deployed the software, but if we add a new user, we have to do a new deploy for this one addition. Love to somehow have it to read our database for validation

2) Have a drop down field that is set up by the database so that if we add a new record in the database, the device will get that new field when they get internet on the device and it does a live sync.

Co-worker said he thought it was possible a while ago, but the tutorials do not seem to show me that.

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi,

Both of these concepts are feature request s that we are considering.

1. For this one, there is currently no way to get a live list of users to validate a login. As I mentioned, this is a feature we are considering for a future release of TracerPlus. I don't have a solid timetable for when it might get in but it is definitely a solid feature request in my opinion.

2. Really, the same answer as question 1. In addition, you could configure a button on your form to update the dropdown items via TP Connect Sync process. This could even be via a timed sync so the user would not have to actively do anything. This is not exactly what you were envisioning but might be something you can use.

Let me know if that helps at all and be sure to keep an eye out for future versions that may include these features.

Thanks for the feedback.