how to use a button to read tags

Adeyinka

How do i use a button to read a tagID.. my device does not have a gun?
please help..my device is trimble Juno T41/5

Corey Hagewood

Staff member
Hi Adeyinka,

RFID with TracerPlus is only supported natively by Zebra/Symbol/Motorola Windows Mobile devices.

If you are using an RFID wedge it would be possible to scan tags using the Trimble Juno, but they would be wedged in as keyboard data. The RFIDinventory TracerPlus Button action would not be supported when using a RFID wedge.

Adeyinka

i have symbol but its old and not responsive..................which new device do you recommend....maybe android.......tell me which android device can i use with tracerplus easily

Corey Hagewood

Staff member
Hi Adeyinka,

RFID scanning with android will only work with a Bluetooth Wedge scanner. It is not natively supported by TracerPlus for Android.

As for what Android devices work well with Tracerplus without RFID, most Android devices are compatible. Anything newer than Android 2.3 should work well with TracerPlus.

Adeyinka

ok i just deployed a tracer plus app on my android now.................very beautiful... the only issue am having is to read tags...................any help?

OliverR

Hi Adeyinka,

Like Corey said, if you wish to scan RFID tags with an Android device you will need to use a Bluetooth Wedge scanner. This is a seperate device that can scan RFID tags. You connect this to your Android device via Bluetooth. You can then configure your TracerPlus application to communicate with this Bluetooth device and enter the read data into a field.

Last edited:

Adeyinka

h0w can i deploy two or more tracer plus applications on my device................ anytime i design and deploy new ones...it seems like it overides the existing one on the device

Joseph Kraebel

Administrator
Staff member
h0w can i deploy two or more tracer plus applications on my device................ anytime i design and deploy new ones...it seems like it overides the existing one on the device
Hi Adeyinka,

Currently, anytime you deploy a project from desktop it will overwrite what is currently on the device. If you wanted to deploy multiple apps at once you would need to add these as sessions in a single project. Unfortunately this is a manual process in the current version however in our upcoming 9.1 release due out next month, we have added the ability to import existing projects into the currently opened project allowing you to combine multiple projects.