Importing a TracerPlus project file as a new session

James Allen

I have configured 7 active sessions that are used regularly to scan, record and archive data for mostly warranty tracking purposes.

I've discovered a need to maintain a temporary inventory location when customer-owned products are sent in for evaluation but are unnecessary to be received into our main enterprise software for accounting purposes.

While opening TP Desktop to configure a new session that I could use for that purpose, I'm at a road block on how to import/convert the InventoryManageV6 project I downloaded from the TracerPlus site.

I nearly gave myself a panic attack when I clicked Build/Deploy and it completely replaced all my actively used sessions with the InventoryManage ones. Luckily, I found my saved file and deployed it to recover all my saved scans. (immediately sync'd them in TP Connect after that scare)

I want to utilize the pre-configured inventory management project I found but don't want to replace all the sessions I'm currently using.

My device is operating on V7.1.1 Windows Mobile (Motorola MC55) and my TP Desktop/Connect Mgmt Studio version is 7.1.1.682 (Yes, I need to upgrade)

Joseph Kraebel

Administrator
Staff member
Hi James,

Currently, any new project deployed from desktop will overwrite the existing project on the device. This will not erase any of the data and the data will be maintained in whichever session # it exists in. In version 9, we added the ability to add other projects to an existing project via the File-->Add option. This will take the .tpp file you select during this process and add its sessions to the end of the current project's sessions.

Since you are on version 7 you would need to upgrade to version 9 to add this functionality.

Let us know if you have any questions on this.