ODBC 32 System DSN question

Ed N

Do I have to add the database data source in the System DSN for each computer that needs to sync with the data that is in one location?

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi Ed,

A datasource entry is unique to each PC that is running TP Connect so if TP Connect is running on 2 different PCs, each of those PCs would need to have a 32 bit ODBC DSN entry configured to point to the database; even if the database is common to both PCs.

Let me know if that makes sense (or even answered your question :).

Ed N

Thank you Dan,
the problem is that I believe I followed every step to make the connection, but I keep getting this in the log;
[03-03-22|07:39:19.718 - 10.4.0.1999 - CriticalError]: **Exception received: You can ignore bad data by setting BadDataFound to null.
Stack Trace:
at CsvHelper.CsvParser.Read()
at CsvHelper.CsvReader.Read()
at CsvHelper.CsvReader.GetRecords[T]()+MoveNext()
at TracerPlus_DotNetCore.Controllers.ImportDataController.Import(ImportDataJSON[] value)
Comment: (no additional detail)

[03-03-22|07:39:21.152 - 10.4.0.1999 - CriticalError]: **Exception received: You can ignore bad data by setting BadDataFound to null.
Stack Trace:
at TracerPlus_DotNetCore.Controllers.ImportDataController.Import(ImportDataJSON[] value)

[03-03-22|07:39:22.669 - 10.4.0.1999 - CriticalError]: **Exception received: You can ignore bad data by setting BadDataFound to null.
Stack Trace:

[03-03-22|07:39:23.957 - 10.4.0.1999 - CriticalError]: **Exception received: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.230.145.24:4403
Stack Trace:
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(IPEndPoint remoteEP)
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(String hostname, Int32 port)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(String hostname, Int32 port)
at PTS.TracerPlus.Connect.Core.PTS_TPConnect_Client.connect()

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi Ed,

This sounds like a question for our support folks to ask directly. I am not sure what might be causing that but if you are an authorized user of support, they should be able to help.