On Android Keyboard shows when Button Pushed

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi,

I am not 100% sure what you mean but I am reading it as the Keyboard popping up when pressing a Form Designer button in TracerPlus. I cannot think of a reason why this would happen. Assuming I am interpreting correctly,
What is the button action assigned?
Does it happen on any button on the form?

Russ Pease

The 3 buttons I tested all had None slected as a Button Action. All of the action is being determined through from logic.

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Ok. Even with an Action="None", it could be that Android is reacting to whatever action you have assigned via Form Logic. For example, if you have Form Logic configured to set focus to a certain field or place data in a field, this may cause Android to react with the keyboard if it is a text box type control. An option to disable this is to set the "Hide Keyboard" option as appropriate on the affected Text box control. The "Hide Keyboard" property is available when selecting a Text Box Control from within the Form Designer in TP Desktop. Please note that this option will only be available if your Project-->Project Settings-->OS Platform is set to "Android".

Let me know if that helps at all.

Russ Pease

I am using Form Logic with OnClick (ID of button) the and If condition - Action Click then ID of Print button. I clicked on the print buttons directly and it did not pull of the keyboard, but when I click on the button with none action that goes through the form logic it does pull up the keyboard.

Dan Peluso

Staff member
I can't think what in the print action might cause focus to a keyboard required field but it could be something like the report selector in the dialog. In that case, my suggestion on the text box control won't be relevant. I can try to have someone replicate this in the office but if you want to forward your project over to our support group, that may help also. Email to support *at* tracerplus.com will auto create a ticket.