Pop up field doesn't respect visible attribute

Andrew S

I have a field that I want to display only sometimes. When it displays I'd like to use the Pop up feature. My testing shows that even if I set it to visible=false the popup still displays. I would expect it to respect the state of the visible attribute. Is there a workaround to this?

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi.

I am not seeing the behavior you describe. If I set a DD to be visible = false, the control does not display. If I set the Form Designer visible attribute to True and control the visible property via the conditional logic, all seems to work ok. If setting visible to false in the form designer does seem to override the logic value no matter what is set to (similar to the other question you had).

Can you clarify what you are experiencing?

Andrew S

Hi Dan. Thanks for the feedback. I'm not talking about a DD - I'm talking about a numeric field with the 'Use Popup' box checked. I found that the popup appears even if the state visible=false is set in conditional logic.

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi,
This does look like an issue. I have logged this as an issue and one of our developers will take a look at a fix.