Scanned data

SEPCO

I am attempting to create an inventory app that pulls live data (item description and base unit) from a MS SQL database. I have successfully done that, but the users would like the ability to see what they have scanned. The view data, shows all the items as it pulled them from the live sync. I have tried utilizing the grid, but the only way I can get it to work, slows down scanning. Looking for other options. Thank you

Dan Peluso

Staff member
From your description, it sounds like a live data entry grid might be the best option. I am surprised that it would be slowing down scanning that much but I imagine, it might be noticeable if you are doing relatively quick scanning.

Have you considered doing the scanning in a batch (non-live) mode but still using the live mode to do the lookup of item description and base unit). This would require you to periodically sync this batch data to the server in bigger blocks but since you would be using local data for the entry grid, there should be no network performance hit.

SEPCO

I apologize but I think I intercommunicated what the issue I was having is. I have a live sync for the look up, then a batch for syncing the data captured. Where I run into the issue is trying to create a grid where the operator can view only what they have scanned, item and qty and not all the live data from the live sync.

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Ahh ok. What you describe sounds correct then but I am surprised it is affecting the scanning. There may be something in your project that is inefficiently designed...maybe? If you have a support agreement with us, you can create a ticket and send your project over to us and we can take a look. If you do not have an agreement with us, try to see if there is anything in the settings (grid or otherwise) that might be introducing some kind of inefficiency; typically something misconfigured