SetVisible in Form Logic

Andrew S

Is anyone having trouble with the SetVisible action in Form Logic in 9.1? I have a condition that I've proven is working correctly (by setting the action to ShowMessage) but when I change the action to SetVisible I can't get it to work.

The field that's trying to be set to Visible=True is defined in the Form Designer as Visible=False (ie I only want it to show up under certain conditions).

Thoughts?

Andrew S

Update. I I set the value to Visible=True in Form Designer the Form Logic rules are able to operate normally. If Visible=False in Form Designer then it is always false no matter the value set in Form Logic.

This seems like a bug to me. I'd think it should be okay to start with a field's visibility set to false, and then conditionally make it visible.

Andrew.

Dan Peluso

Staff member
I will have someone take a look at that. At first glance, I agree that initial visibility setting would/should not affect the behavior of conditional logic. There may be a case where that is designed intentionally but I am not thinking of it off the top of my head.