Switching between sessions

Andrew S

Is it possible to "GoTo" a different session?

I have an application that's capturing time data. It has fairly complex functionality including some SmartForm rules and a bunch of Form Logic. The system clocks people in and out of tasks and works correctly.

I'd like to add a feature whereby the user presses a button on the time-capture form and is then taken to a similar form where they can scan their data and see whether they're already clocked in or not. I can't use a tab because the existing SmartForm functionality causes the focus to be set to the wrong tab, and other logic in the Form Logic causes problems too.

Ideally I'd be able to set up a different session that imitates the existing one but does the read-only lookup to check current status. My problem is that I can't see a way for the user to get to the new session without dropping back to the launcher which is too clumsy for my needs.

How do (or Can) I navigate between sessions programmatically?

Thanks, Andrew.

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi,

We do not currently support actively switching between sessions. This is a requested option and is currently on our feature request list. Our normal suggestion is to use the approach you mention namely the idea of using tab controls within the same session to accomplish what you need.

Of course, I have not seen your project so it is tough for me to say what the challenges might be to overcome this with your configured logic items, etc.

Please keep an eye out for this feature in future versions.