Unable to write to RFID tags; No Response from Reader

osctech

TracerPlus Desktop 9.5.0.1454
Motorola MC3190-Z
ALN-9740-WRW Higgs 4 RFID tags

Hello,

Please confirm whether or not I should be able to write to my RFID tags with the MC3190-Z. Everything I have read seems to indicate the answer is yes but I would appreciate confirmation.

Assuming the answer is yes I am having no luck getting it to work. I have read the following support doc:
https://support.tracerplus.com/article/237-how-to-write-to-an-rfid-tag

I also used this demo video and followed the instructions starting at 36:39 to walk through the steps of creating a RFID write session. (
)

The end result is always the same... "No Response from Reader" message a few seconds after pressing the Write Tag button. I have tried modifying radio power, moved the MC3190-Z and tag to an isolated room, tried multiple MC3190-Z units (I have 5), different tags, placed the tag 1-inch in the front of the gun, nothing has worked. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Attachments

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi.

This should be a generally supported function within TracerPlus for sure but there can be a number of configuration options and/or environments that could affect writing of tags.

If you have an active support agreement with us, I would suggest creating a support ticket via www.tracerplus.com and attaching an export of your TracerPlus Desktop project (available via File-->Export menu option).

** As an aside: This seems like the correct spot to post this question so no apologies necessary.