Undo on accedental tab control delete.

Steve

In Build 9.1.0.1276 if you accidently delete the tab control on a form and then click on undo, all of the controls on the form are restored as expected. However, when you build and deploy the form the system displays the error message “Error during deploy: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.” Closing without saving seems to be the only way to recover

Joseph Kraebel

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Steve,

Do you have any specific steps for other then removing the tab? I tried removing the tab control on a few projects however when clicking undo and then deploying was not getting that error message. I was able to get this message if I deleted the tab control, then saved the project, then clicked undo (Had to click it several times for the tab to come back vs only once before) and then receive that message.

Wondering if it is related to the type of controls that are on your tabs. If you send us an export (.tpe) of your project we can take a look at this issue to see if it is easily reproducible on your project.

Steve

No specific steps beyond opening the scan weights session, changing to form design and deleting the tab. The poject should be attached.

Attachments

Joseph Kraebel

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the project. I was able to repro this based on the steps you provided and will log this as a bug. Thanks for letting us know.