Update Dropdown from server files

CraigL

I've found where I can import data for a dropdown selection, but is there a way to have this automatically update from a server location?

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi Craig,

There are 3 ways to populate drop down contents for TracerPlus and each has their own value. Item 2 is probably the best fit for your question. I would suggest checking out our TracerPlus channel on YouTube where there are a ton of videos describing how to sync data with TP Connect. Let me know if that helps.

1. Directly in TP Desktop. You can manually enter (or import from file) a list of dropdown items. This is especially useful for more static type values like Condition or Category, etc.

2. Via TP Connect syncing. You can configure a sync process to populate Drop Down items from a database, text file, Excel sheet, etc. Similar to syncing your collected data, you can setup a sync process with the destination of your data to be TracerPlus and then selecting the appropriate field to use to populate. This is most useful when your drop down items are more dynamically changing; maybe a list of order numbers or similar.

3. Import of a text file via Menu-->Import. This is arguably the least common method but can be useful if you are in a network restricted environment or for some other reason that you cannot easily sync data.

CraigL

So I got it set up via TP Connect syncing. The problem now is that there are 700 rows, which the connect sees, but when it maps to the drop down field it only shows 5 selections. I changed the options on the tracerplus side of the sync config to 999 but it made no difference. Any suggestions?

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Ahh. It sounds like you may be running in Trial mode? If you are a subscription user, you do not need a license for TP Connect but you do need a no cost registration code. Do you have those registration codes entered on the TP Connect side as well as on the TracerPlus mobile side?