Validation + Incremental Calc.

Nick Rimac

Hi All,

I have a simple scanning program that prompts user to Factory Order#, enter a Quantity, select Pallet Type from drop-down list, and tick a check-box.

Currently my output and export file list each individual record/scan looks like this.....
Factory Order Quantity Pallet Type Pallet Top Pallet Count
123000 22 LOSC True 1
456999 55 LOSC True 1
123000 22 LOSC True 1

HELP REQUIRED
If the Factory Order field and the Quantity fields are identical, I wish to increment the same record plus 1.
Example above should be ONLY 2 records (not 3 records).
should look like.....
Factory Order Quantity Pallet Type Pallet Top Pallet Count
123000 22 LOSC True 2
456999 55 LOSC True 1

I am having difficulty getting this to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS.

upload_2015-9-15_22-41-45.png

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi,

If you were using just one field to to decide uniqueness, I would recommend using our AutoFind feature available for any field. This allows TracerPlus to do an auto find of a record based on the entered value and essentially put it into edit mode. Using this in combination with an INCREMENT variable field would allow you to do what you are interested in.

Since you really need to decide this uniqueness on 2 fields, I would recommend using our Lookups feature to accomplish what you are interested in. The idea is that you would use a 2nd session to store the accumulated counts of items uniquely based on Order + Qty. This would require 1 lookup to retrieve the existing count and a 2nd lookup to update that accumulated value + 1.

I have attached a sample project outlining how this might work. If you detach, this Accumulation_Sample.tpe, you can import it into your local TP Desktop application via the File-->Import menu option

Let me know if that helps or if you have any additional question

Attachments

Nick Rimac

Hi,

If you were using just one field to to decide uniqueness, I would recommend using our AutoFind feature available for any field. This allows TracerPlus to do an auto find of a record based on the entered value and essentially put it into edit mode. Using this in combination with an INCREMENT variable field would allow you to do what you are interested in.

Since you really need to decide this uniqueness on 2 fields, I would recommend using our Lookups feature to accomplish what you are interested in. The idea is that you would use a 2nd session to store the accumulated counts of items uniquely based on Order + Qty. This would require 1 lookup to retrieve the existing count and a 2nd lookup to update that accumulated value + 1.

I have attached a sample project outlining how this might work. If you detach, this Accumulation_Sample.tpe, you can import it into your local TP Desktop application via the File-->Import menu option

Let me know if that helps or if you have any additional question
Hello Dan
The sample you provided worked PERFECTLY !!!!!
Thanks for your help.
Nick.

Nick Rimac

Hello Dan & Corey, just following on from my previous question/task........
I got it working thanks to your assistance.

I know the application creates & uses 2 sessions.
I have created a EMAIL button which exports session1 via email.
I would like to be able to export both session1 & session2 data tables (whilst users are running session1).

I do not want the user to have to exit & go into session2 screen. Can it all be done whilst in the main session ???

At the moment the EMAIL button ONLY exports/emails session1 data BUT would really like to be able to email 2 file attachments (session1 + session2).

thanks again.

Corey Hagewood

Staff member
Hi Nick,

If you are using the Send Data as attachment option in your Print settings to send the data from session 1, I do not think there is a way to get it to send both sessions Data. The Send Data as Attachment option is linked to the session it is in, so enabling it for session 1 will have no effect on Session 2.

I am assuming you want to send both your Inventory records, and the transactions you have made at the same time?

I do not see a way to do this without some kind of session to session logic, which currently we do not have implemented in TracerPlus. (It is on the roadmap though)