Whats the best way to do this.

Ray Cote

hello we manufacture Automotive parts and after full assembly in some instances we cannot identify lot numbers in our parts. This is where RFID comes in. If we have issues with our parts at a Customer location I can obtain production date & serial number from suspect part/assy. Is there anyway I can set a filter so a tracerplus app can find only those filtered parts ( there might be hundreds). I will also be getting Tracer Connect. Any help will be appreciated!

Dan Peluso

Staff member
Hi,

It sounds like something TracerPlus can do via the Lookup feature and/or the Entry Form Data grid. The first option (Lookups) is inherently using filters to return ONE record after a configured trigger field fires the lookup. The second option (data grid) allows the option to set explicit filters for what data should be shown in the grid.

There are also options for filtering in TP Connect if you wanted to control/filter the data sent to/from TracerPlus on the mobile device.

Ray Cote

Well guess I have to work on this one, the perfect scenario would be typing in a "date" and Geiger would find all tags with this date or a serial number with a wildcard like 4587A* Thanks for the response.

Ray Cote

Well seems like Asterisk works as a wildcard say I was looking for EPC's that start with 9898 I would start Geiger put in 9898* set antenna power to 15 and this seems to work fine. It wont return a full EPC if more than 1 tag is in the field. And the "Tag locator" demo om the MC-9190-Z seems also to find filtered data in the User Memory area.